Since 2002 I have assisted the Indonesian Government with the modernization of the water legislation, especially the preparation of the different government regulations, which had to be established based on the new Water law of 2004.
– Developments in the Indonesian water legislation; BWRMP-report, Jakarta januari 2003.
– Coordination and water agreement in the new Indonesian water legislation; BWRMP-report, may 2004.
– The planning structure in the new Indonesian water legislation; BWRMP-report, may 2004.
– Flood defense and the new Indonesian water legislation, report February 2005.
– Investigation and the new Indonesian water legislation; report April 2005.
– Some notes by the FAO-proposal about the institutional design of the Indonesian water recources management; report April 2005.
-legal aspects of flood defense in Indonesia; paper international flood defense symposium 25-27 May 2005 in Nijmegen.
– Water resources issues in Indonesia; report September 2005.
– Groundwater management and the new Indonesian water legislation; report September 2005.
– Lowlands and the new Indonesian water legislation, report April 2006.
– Legal issues in the Indonesian water sector; presentation Steering Committee 4pMOU, report September 2006.
– Remarks by the Draft Government Regulation about the Indonesian lowlands; report May 2007.
– Institutional aspects of the new Indonesian water legislation; presentation for the Indonesian delegation of the Semarang Pilot Polder Project, 12 June 2007.
– Outline Legal Framework for Flood Management in Indonesia; Contribution to the Action Plan Jakarta Flood Management, November 2007.
– The Legal Framework for Lowland Water Resources Management; report for the NLDS project, December 2007.
– The legal framework for forestry management in Indonesia. March 2008.
– The legal framework for spatial management in Indonesia, March 2008.
– Towards a Presidential regulation for peatland management, April 2008.
– Water use rights and the regulations of the Law on Water resources, April 2008.
– Experiences of a Dutch lawmaker in Indonesia; keynote Seminar Law, Land Tenure and Reform in Indonesia; Law Faculty University Leiden 26 August 2008.
– The Indonesian legal framework for public private partnership arrangements in the water supply sector; November 2008.
– Some remarks by the draft government regulation on water use rights; December 2008.
– International water law and the Indonesian water legislation; lecture University of Amsterdam, April 2009.
– Some remarks by the draft government regulation on rivers (version March 2009); April 2009.
– Legal assessment of the new Indonesian legal framework for dams; May 2009.
– Institutional and legal issues about dam safety of lakes; contribution to situ-situ safety inspection report; July 2009.
– Developments in the Dutch and Indonesian water legislation; similarities and differences in institutional, legal and financial issues. Presentation PISP overseas training IHE-Delft; October 2009.
– Assessment and possible solutions for legal deadlock irrigation development; December 2009.
– Towards a government regulation on lake; December 2009.
– Some observations of the draft government regulation on water use rights; December 2009.
– Some remaining issues by the draft government regulation on water use right; May 2010.
– Towards a harmonization strategy for the water resources legislation; May 2010.
– Some remaining issues by the draft government regulation on lowland water resources management; May 2010.
– The legal framework for groundwater management in Bandung and water allocation for the Jatiluhur irrigation system; May 2010.
– Review and preview of the technical assistance of the improvement of the Indonesian water resources legislation; May 2010.
– Provincial groundwater regulations for the Bandung area; November 2010.
– Some additional comments to the draft government regulation on water use rights; December 2010.
– Academic paper about a government regulation on lake; December 2010.
– Institutional and legal issues in the Indonesian water legislation; presentation conference challenges in water management; Jakarta, December 2010.
– Review report technical assistance modernization Indonesian water legislation; report commissioned by the Dutch Water Governance Centre.
– Modernization of the Indonesian water legislation; lessons learned with the Dutch assistance in the legislation process; Water Governance Journal, 3/ 2011. DOWNLOAD PDF
– Spatial management in Indonesia: From planning to implementation. Book review of the dissertation of Tristam Pascal Moeliono; Tijdschrift voor Omgevingsrecht 2012/4. DOWNLOAD PDF
– Country report Indonesia, consultation mission ADB-IHE project supporting water legislation in South Asia and Southeast Asia; April 2013.
– Opportunities for water governance in Indonesia; a governance quick scan under the Indonesian-Dutch water management cooperation; report September 2013.
– The legal framework for water management in Indonesia; presentation symposium Water Management in Indonesia. University of Utrecht, 14 November 2013.
– The legal framework for PPP in the water supply sector in Indonesia; presentation PPP Platform Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs; February 2014.
– Water Governance in the Netherlands and Indonesia; presentation overseas, training study tour Indonesian water professionals, 28 April 2014.
– The Indonesian water legislation fit for the future?; presentation for the Indonesian National Water Resources Council, 18 November 2014.
-The role of the legal framework in implementing water resources development projects during the second part of the 20th century; contribution to the book: “Irrigation Revisited, an anthology of Indonesian-Dutch cooperation 1965-2014; March 2016. DOWNLOAD PDF
– Water quality management and IWRM in Indonesia, institutional and legislative challenges; presentation study visit Indonesian environmental lawyers to The Netherlands, University of Leiden, 7 September 2016.
– Water Pollution Control in the Netherlands and Indonesia; lessons learned from the Dutch institutional and legal approach. Public lecture Jentera school of Law Jakarta, 19 May 2017.
– Making environmental regulation work for the people; mission October 2017 report-Indonesia.